Of late I was hurt by something mum said although deep down I knew she didn't meant it; live and let live. In my heart I knew it just slipped through when her emotions were running high. Its coz we are that close that such remarks hurt so much. I have been out of sorts for the past week reflecting what she said. Verdict: a misunderstanding and I cannot stress enough how important communication is.
On hindsight, I have to learn to be more patient. People of my INTJ type seem aloof (we're are truly misunderstood!), critical yet socially reserved. You see, we value our independence and live life according to our own standards and terms (i.e. we expect the rest around us to match up; that's our downfall... am trying to adapt more, evolve and acknowledge that each individual is unique and different and that there is nothing wrong in being different - diversity creates creativity).
A toast to mum for the strong woman she is and for making me what I am. Happy birthday *hugs*
My Treasure - For Mom
I look back on these years to see how far I've come and grown
I take a trip down memory lane and what I see has shown ...
That every step I've taken, you have been there by my side ...
From infancy to adulthood, we've stood the test of time.
You cradled me and nurtured me through all these many years
You held me and did comfort me through happiness and tears
You'd pick me up when I would fall
You'd dust me off and then
Encourage me to get back on that horse and ride again
Your constant care and loving and your warm inviting heart
Has always been a treasure thatI knew would n'er depart
If I could be "just half" the person you have been to me ...
Then you have taught me well dear mom
For in my heart I see ...
A woman whose most gentle soul embraces me each day ...
A woman whom I dearly love much more than words can say.
1 comment:
eh. kak. i think u shud haf a tagboard. so easy then to tag ya instead of having to keep signing in.. to leave comments. and yarh.. meaningful entry.. as always.
kudos.
Post a Comment